Intern (September - Present)
I am working on ETL and Information retrieval and storage modules, and extending functionality [Ruby on Rails, Mongo, Redis, Postgres]
Intern, Data Science and Engineering - Competitions Team (May - August 2013)
I worked with multiple phases of the competition cycle, and took on primary responsibility for one major competition. I defined problems, sourced and prepared relevant datasets and metrics, conducted feasibility study and built statistical models. Projects: GE (FQ 2), Belkin (Energy disaggregation), Facebook (Recruitment 3). [Python, R, Powershell]
Microsoft India Development Centre
Intern, Software Development Engineer (May - July 2011)
Co-Founder and developer (August 2009 - July 2012)
MurganT was a profitable software service development company that we co-founded to gain valuable experience in our free time during undergrad. We developed software, websites and web applications for small businesses. [ASP.NET, PHP, C#.NET, MSSQL, MySQL]
Outercurve Foundation - Mayhem Modules
Contract Software developer (May - August 2012)
I was selected to work on the project in a manner similar to GSOC, on the open source Mayhem project, hosted on codeplex. It is a project by Microsoft Research's Applied Sciences group, hosted by the Outercurve Foundation.
It aims to connect event triggers to reactions, and is extremely user friendly. I developed new modules. [C#, WPF]
- Information Integration Mashup Project - Recreational Activities(Fall 2013): Building a mashup integrating various data relevant to recreational activities from various sources [Python(Flask), Karma - SPARQL] as a part of my Information Integration on the Web course.
- Information Retrieval, Search and Extraction (Spring 2013): Worked with Nutch, Tika, Solr, Sis to perform various Search Engine Tasks such as crawling, result comparison and content extraction as a part of my coursework for Information Retrieval and Search Engines Course.
- Weenix OS Kernel: Programmed various essential functions of the Weenix kernel – Threads, Processes, Scheduling and Virtual File System as a part of Operating Systems coursework
- Undergrad Project: (October 2011 - April 2012) - Security, intelligence, networking
Artificial Immune Intrusion Detection Systems
Intelligent Intrusion Detection and Prevention by applying algorithms such as Negative Selection and Niching.
- Robotics: I used to build small simple robots. Here is an obstacle avoiding robot: video
Found a few vulnerabilities in my university's anokha website in 2011, and recommended fixes.
I developed a cryptographic tool for encryption and hashing in my junior year (incomplete)
- Rotating machine fault classifier using Artificial Neural Networks using vibration amplitude.
The results show the error rates. On the rows are test inputs and on the columns are the classes determined by the neural network. For example, classes 3, 5 and 6 are a 100% accurate. Paper to be sent for publication
- Contributed to the Genetic Algorithm of Digital Image Forensics using Genetic Algorithms; paper published.
Papers and Publications
- Aadharsh Kannan, Baskar A, Ashish G, Anirudh Ranganath, "Automatic Digital Image Forgery Detection using Genetic Algorithm", IET International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering, Shanghai, 2012.
- Anirudh Ranganath, Ashish G., Varun Gopal K., K. Narayanan Kutty, Krishnan Namboori P.K., Deepa Gopakumar, " Quantum Mechanical Characterization of Single Walled Carbon Nanotube (SWCNT) to Evaluate Stability and Conductivity " , ace, pp.39-42, 2010 International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering, 2010.
- Anirudh Ranganath, Ashish.G, Sathyamoorthy.S, Barani Dharan.M, Suresh Kumar Ayyalusamy, P.K. Krishnan Namboori, " Insilico Analysis of Single Walled Carbon Nanotube (SWCNT) to Assess its Stability and Conductivity " - Proceedings of RTCSP 2010, Electron, Amrita, March 2010.
- Anirudh Ranganath, Ashish G., Varun Gopal K., K. Narayanan Kutty, Krishnan Namboori P. K.* & Deepa Gopakumar - " Electrical Conductivity and Thermodynamic Stability of Single Walled Carbon Nanotube Using First Principles ", NanoTrends Volume 11, Issue 1, Aug, 2011, pp 18-21.
- Krishnan Namboori P. K., Anirudh Ranganath, Ashish G, Manoj Kumar - " Mathematical Modelling of Dynamics of Diatomic Gases in Water " - (Poster Paper) - National Symposium on Mathematical Methods and Applications, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, 2010
- Ashish G, Anirudh Ranganath, Aadharsh Kannan, Krishnan Namboori P.K - " Detection of Brain Infarction using Image Processing " - Proceedings of RTCSP 2011, Electron, Amrita, March 2011.
- Anirudh Ranganath, Ashish G - " A Survey on the Effect of Quantum Computers on Current Security Models "
Activities and Links
- President, USC Adventure Gurus and USC Hindu Student Organization
- Member, ACM
- Microsoft Student Partner and President of the Technology Club and FOSS Club, Amrita University
- Conducted numerous tech sessions and workshops
- Captain, Co-curricular Activities(Stanes High School) 2007-08
- Delegate, International Rotary Youth Leadership Awards(IRYLA) - 2003